Be informed and in control on day 1 of your new headship.
Engage Actionable to analyze your new school's unique context, uncover the facts, and help you create evidence-based strategies so you can hit the ground running.
- Process and unpack transition documents, reports, and data.
- Uncover undisclosed realities that can impact your first year.
- Design a data-informed entry plan.
- Prepare for your first one-on-one, board, and committee meetings.
- Learn to use research and data to craft and control your narrative.
- Create proactive strategies to monitor and support your and your loved ones' mental health and wellbeing.
Pre-Entry Phase Package
- Institutional Context Report. Find the signal through the noise in the download of documents, notes, reports, and spreadsheets. Develop deep insight into your new school through clear data visualizations and one-on-one briefings to help you make meaning, spot challenges, and identify areas of opportunity.
- Entry Plan. Turn insight into action. Create an evidence-based entry plan with measurable goals and success metrics that communicate your progress to the board.
- Self-Care Plan. Emotional burnout is one of the biggest threats to the success of your headship. Be intentional about your own mental health and plan ahead to ensure your loved ones have a positive experience as you assume leadership.
Arrival Phase Add-On
Continue the analysis past July 1 as you gather new information and deepen your understanding.
- Meeting Preparation and Debrief. Make a good first impression in your one-on-one staff, board, committee, and exec meetings. Know which questions to ask, anticipate comments and debate, use data to drive discussion and set goals, and start off with a firm grip on your school's data narrative.
- Advanced Institutional Context Report. Show the board you've done your homework. Deepen your understanding of your school's position by incorporating national benchmarks and market analyses.